Wednesday, May 19, 2021

The life without a proper chewing/Carlos Pueblo

 The life without a proper chewing/Carlos Pueblo

After my teeth extraction three and a half weeks before, I have had a life without a proper chewing. I am waiting for my fake teeth making and barely intake my foods with two pairs of denture from my previous equipment. I understand that is a better choice under the current situation which I am facing that I can't go back to Taiwan and take extra period of time to wait for the set up due to the pandemic, especially it is am emergency condition now in that island nation. I am more comfortable to stay here at home to wait. I change my diet daily. I quit the steak eating and change my breakfast to the pancake and manage my fruits in take. I add additional nap during the day time. I find some more interesting programs on the You Tube. Usually, I have an hour plus morning walk before the daily tennis. Have a long nap after the breakfast and hook into the You Tube. I must admit that I replace TV watching by the Internet. What do I regularly watch?

I watch Jen Psaki's White House news brief daily to get all what Biden is doing now and next. I believe that the Israel attack on the Hamas is overwhelm his next American Infrastructure Plan, his trouble with the refugee on the Mexican border, his national vaccination campaign, and the China issue, etc. I am very satisfied with all what I get from the brief and now it is so popular, even Biden himself join in more on his on news brief to face the reporters more often. He is a good President.

I also watch some Chinese internet vlog on the You Tube such as the rural butcher's markets for the price of the pork. It is various for a different day, i.e. from about $2.00 a pound to $3.00 for the time being down from the peak of $4.00 during the Chinese Lunar New Year. They are on the northern parts of China, Hebei and Shandong provinces and I can refresh my listening conversation of dialects from those area. I used to serve two years in the Taiwanese Army under the Nationalist Chinese control in Taiwan and the Chinese refugee school teachers taught us the Mandarin with their various accents. I have also developed my own Mandarin with a heavy Taiwanese accent which people can tell.

I also watch all the vlogs of Pu-Tien cuisine. Pu-Tien is a county on the central coast of Fu-Chien Province, China right across the Formosa Straight. It is adjacent to Fuchow to the north. Fuchow is quite famous of its cuisine in Taiwan. This chef is at his middle age. I assume that he has been a chef for the local wedding feast before his making of the vlog. He uses a lot of ginger, garlic, scarlet onion, spicy pepper and some other herbs as spices which we can't usually get from the oriental super market in Houston, Texas. Amy asks me to copy some for our meals. I make an excuse for the spices and also I don't really think that I can get the sea foods either yet I think that I am familiar with his skills.

His eldest son is an amateur fisherman. He calls himself a homesick fisherman. He has his own vlog program as well. I watch his digging of crabs on an abandon fishery in Hai-Nan Province where he currently lives. It is a very hard work to locate the crab usually work about 5-6 hours to get less than ten a day. I think that is his hobby.

No comments: