Friday, May 15, 2020

The Wuhan Pandemic impact funds between Taiwan and the U.S./Carlos Pueblo

The Wuhan Pandemic impact funds between Taiwan and the U.S./Carlos Pueblo

Most of the western democratic nations offer the Chinese Wuhan Novel Corona Virus economic release funds including Taiwan and Japan in the Asia. There are different ways to distribute those funds. In the U.S., the fund is on schedule every week while in Taiwan the Premier has to apology for the confusion and I know why. The confusion is also occurred in my house.

At the beginning, Trump offered 2.2 billions for the whole help and the Congress said no. Then 2.6 trillions add was passed on both houses and Trump agreed. It was very quick and the matter is announced on the media. There is a clear rule to show who is qualified to get such help and who is not. The IRS also set the schedule of the distribution. It is the first time and is very well defined and operated. The IRS also offers a web site for citizen to amend their banking information in order to get the check faster. Amy and Arthur both discuss the matter with me to see when we can get the checks. I know that Arthur will get it faster than us due to the 2018 adjust gross income.

One day, Amy came to me that her church sisters offered a group application for that IRS application to add our banking information and I ignored her because that I didn't like to share my banking information with her church group and also my 2018 AGI. Then she came to me for our 2018 AGI and I asked her to check herself. Finally, she says everybody likes to get the check faster and I am upset for her annoying me. I scare her that if the IRS obtains our joint banking account information, she will have a threat from the IRS to get the tax she owes directly from her bank accounts like the child support, etc. Arthur got his check on that day.

It is a different story in Taiwan and also more confusion overall. As I understand from my watching of the Taiwanese Political Talk Shows like our CNN and MSNBC in the States. The Premier Su announced his plan to distribute the helping money a night before people could apply for such help check. On the next morning, the local government offices were crowded with anxious citizens to apply such checks amd the local government office clerks were overwhelmed. People got angry and the media fan the turmoil even further. The Premier has to come out and apology. I later watched a ruling party city council lady's explanation of such fund's qualification and some other government help funds for the pandemic. I believe that Taiwanese National Government try to help and the motive is noble and great. Taiwanese anxiety is very common both in Taiwan and in the U.S. like Amy.

I love the history and I am very sure that such money release from a National Government is the first in time between the U.S. and Taiwan. I know that the U.S. Federal Government is more generous than Taiwan; however, Taiwan at least attempts to reach a level like the U.S. and some other advanced and well developed nations. I don't have more information about Japan and I think Japanese release fund check is higher the $1,200 per person.

No comments: