Sunday, May 10, 2020

Help Arthur to his second cataract procedure/Carlos Pueblo

Help Arthur to his second cataract procedure/Carlos Pueblo

Thursday, I helped Arthur to go to his second cataract procedure. It has been a long set plan to drive him to the eye surgeon's office; therefore, I do not dare to plan to have any trip during these schedule times. It has been delayed due to the Chinese Wuhan Novel Corona Virus out break; however, the doctor's office nurse manages to reset the procedure a month later. The community center where I have taken some languages classes informs me for free N-95 masks; therefore, I decide to take advantage of such supply. It is from Henan, China that means masks are available now in the U.S.

I was not allowed to wait inside the waiting room due to the enforcement of the social distance policy. I found a tree shade spot on the parking lot and made myself comfortable. I still had a little bit concern of my i-phone battery volume; therefore, I didn't listen to the You Tube music or any battery consuming usage while attempted to take a nap. Very soon, the surgery room nurse bring out his phone and glasses for me to keep and promised me to send him out when it was done. It is a successful procedure. Now, he has almost perfect vision of eyes except still required eye glasses for his astigmatism which means blurred.

He is 35 years old and is too young in age to be required for such surgery; however, it is nice to have such procedure to correct the make up some vision that he never has had. He is very precious to us as our son. Due to his introverted nature, we insist that he stays with us after his graduation from the college. He has worked at a super market continuously ever since and we feel that he has helped us to define our meaningful life. It is a philosophy of the Buddhism that we help him to have a happier life.

No comments: