Saturday, May 16, 2020

Internet disconnected/Carlos Pueblo

Internet disconnected/Carlos Pueblo

Our home internet is disconnected due to unknown reason. The provider sent a new modem and is still on and off. We cancelled a service appointment when the the internet was back on again. Now, we must wait till the office of the provider open again to request another help. Life without the internet is very annoying because we have relied on so much of the internet to access information and manage our daily routine.

I depend on the internet to live my way of life in self exile. I don't hock on the computer games yet I repeatedly watching internet programs such as the Yahoo news, finance, counting my blog site readers worldwide, watching the You Tube, managing my banking account, calculating my retirement portfolio when the market is up for several days, and managing so much change of the current world, etc.

My other internet disconnected experience is on board of a cruise. The internet rate provided on the cruise ship is so expensive, one U.S. dollar a minute, or I have to purchase a package for a use of certain time. Another annoy is that the connection on the ocean is bad and often very much slower with the computer which the ship is provided. Now, I carry an i-phone to the shore to find a free WiFi connection to send an e-mail home. I can also use the i-phone to listen to You Tube Music while waiting at the airport.

Now, I can't go to cruise because of the Chinese Wuhan Novel Corona Virus Pandemic. I feel safer to stay home than flying or cruse around the world. I can get out yet I am not sure if I can return home accordingly. At home, at least I can manage my response to the pandemic much better than away from home. I just need to keep on calling the provider to get my internet connected.

It has been raining and I need to change my Saturday dough making schedule since I can't go out to take my morning walk, Amy is going out to a birthday party. Arthur's dumpling meal is ready from last week. I have a whole day to make the pasta.

No comments: