Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Select my own battlefield/Carlos Pueblo

Select my own battlefield/Carlos Pueblo

One morning, I was walking with my pet dog friend Edda and her owners, David and Joanna down a street. I described how I was benefit from the morning walk routine. I can ignore all what I don't like to hear and see. I can avoid most of my unnecessary stressful intake of my life. Joann understands and tell me that I select my own battlefield. I am so happy to learn such English expression of a great philosophy. I recall a famous question quote and send out my thought to my blog, Is there anything to do with you when the wind blows and makes wave on a pound in the spring? A King asked his deputy to mind his own business almost 1200 years ago.

It is very important to mind our own business especially at age that we are no longer obtain sufficient time to the uninterested staff  in our limited life. Amy tells me her sister's story about her daughter, all bragging about her achievement as a successful child, I ask whether I need to know. I have learned all about this child ever since her birth. There are so many news appeared on the internet, do I need to know? If I don't like it, I really don't need to know.

What I need to know and do is very fundamental, to manage my expenditure in my life well to last for the time remaining in my life, to fill my day with a meaningful life, and keep myself healthy to avoiding the bother to my children, etc. There is no way that I can care as much as I like. My neighbor Amy who is 82, asks Amy to bring her writing for me to read and asks if her mind is still functioning alright. I think that she means the Alzheimer's disease for aging people. I don't think that I need to know too much about it as long as I keep myself occupied. Do I need to worry about such awful disease? No, of course not. If I have it, I'll deal with it and not let it bother me before. I select my own battlefield.

No comments: