Saturday, January 8, 2022

The old car repaired afterward/Carlos Pueblo

 The old car repaired afterward/Carlos Pueblo

Last three days were quite dramatical to me, the old car repaired afterward. I know that it is coming yet I can't face it as a reality. The old car, a 1998 Q45, can be broken in any time and why I am still keeping it. It is because that I am frugal, I don't drive that much, and I hate to get rid of it for free.

I don't work and I only need to drive to play tennis in the morning. I may forget my tennis if I don't have a car to drive or I can share with Arthur and Amy to use their cars in the morning. Arthur's car is also old, a 07 Camry and if it is broken down that will be another headache to me. Amy's car is a bit newer and I don't think my after tennis sweating is good to her mint condition. It is nice that the shop owner Antony offers me an alternative to fix the power sterling fluid pump first and also fix a leak on my old A/C by replacing two hoses. Now I can keep on using this old vehicle as my transportation mean as well as a mobile unit of storage for my all tennis needs, towels, balls, rackets, bags, and a new battery power leaf blower to blow leaves on the courts.

I am thinking of some major expanses for the past 12 months, of course, they are not for a tax deduction purpose. There was a broken tap water pipe in the front yard that required digging a ditch along with the original pipe cost me $4,700 and I asked the well learned plumber to power snake a disposal pipe from the second floor down to solve an old issue for $800 other wise Arthur would keep the waste water in a pan and dump into the toilet. Arthur has an emergency surgery for his retina detachment in the mid of last year out of his insurance net work for about $3,000, I have had an installment of two sets of fake teeth for $4,400, and finally, the removal of a frozen big tree due to that severe cold weather in February costed us $1,200. It is not a piece of cake while living in Houston, Texas.

I thought that I could get $1,000 for the value of the old car; however, it is required to provide all kinds of information such as picture of exterior and interior with series numbers and mileage, a history of the repair including a flooded or not record, etc. I think that is more than the $1,000 value to prepare the request. I don't want to donate the vehicle to a charity and I would rather keep the nice looking old vehicle on the street to be my storage.


No comments: