Tuesday, January 25, 2022

What I have learned from Thick Nhat Hanh/Carlos Pueblo

 What I have learned from Thick Nhat Hanh/Carlos Pueblo

Thick Nhat Hanh is a Vietnamese Buddhist Monk who has changed my life. Two of my friends informed me his death on January 22, 2022. Let me announce their names, Shelly of the tennis group and Ketsana of a television survey sale that both know this distinguish monk changes my life to a happy one forever. What do I have learned from him and made me so happy? In a simple sentence to describe it is a goal to live in a meaningful life, of course, we do define the word of the meaningful no matter is huge or little. Let me advice Putin of Russia and Xi of China, invading Ukraine or Taiwan are huge yet not meaningful while releasing a lizard from a bucket of frozen water is meaningful. When I was quite younger, I read a book of his called Jesus and Buddha as Brothers. I have read it several times and purchased several to give to my closed friends or introduced to many who show interest. On this book he introduces the philosophy of the Buddhism on the ways of Baruch Spinoza and Immanuel Kant. I am so appreciated to his help to get closed to these two European philosophers.

He explains that God is the totality of the nature according to Spinoza. I firmly agree. According to my Chinese history description that during ancient Chinese Dynasties, people worshiped the mountain and the river, the ghost, and gods of all kinds, etc. He also point it out what is the God? and gets the answer on his explanation from Spinoza. Furthermore, he interprets the phenomenal as well as the nominal. The phenomenal is the horizontal knowledge while the nominal is the vertical knowledge between the God and yourself. We must be well learned of the phenomenal in order to sense of the nominal according to Kant by the way of Thick explanation on his book. That is good enough for me to be enlighten! As I have announced that enlighten is from reading his book other than by listening to his speech like great disciples of he current Buddha's lectures some 2,600 years before in India.

I evaluate everything on every day if what I have run into is a meaningful life or not. It is very interesting that has satisfied my senior life. I don't think that I care about my formal ambition or desire any longer; therefore, there is no stress any more. What I have appreciated is the one that I currently own. I passed by the Vietnamese Coastline of his home town Hue exactly two years ago and I thought of him like before I traveled to the New England and France where his students built meditation centers. I regret very much that I never have an opportunity to listen to his lecture.


No comments: