Wednesday, January 5, 2022

The scare of an old car broken down/Carlos Pueblo

 The scare of an old car broken down/Carlos Pueblo

The last two days was very difficult to me because that my old vehicle 98 Q45 was broken down after a peaceful four and a half years. The power sterling wheel is very stiff and the fluid is low in level. I added some fluid and is still not improving; therefore, I took to the shop. It is a broken power sterling pump and some leak and the cost is $1,900. I drove the vehicle back and to consider all my options.

We purchased this vehicle in 1998 for Amy to drive kids around. After that we have developed a system to rotate all vehicles around in the household. Amy will drive the newest one, Michelle is the next, Arthur is number three old vehicle, and I drive the oldest one. 98 Q45 has become the oldest one after 2018. I fixed the car four and half years with $5,000 in order to let me drive around the tennis court about 3 miles every day.

I ask Michelle if I can give her $10,000 to get her 2013 Maxima back home and let Arthur drive it. She can purchase a new vehicle herself. She disagrees. I; therefore, must find the second option. She helps me to gather some information in order to sell it. It is very details information which I must provide in order to get $1,000 out of this vehicle.

Suddenly after one night sleep, I decide to keep the vehicle on the street as a mobile storage. I can still store some clean towers on the back seats, tennis items in the trunk, and now a leaf blower. I can drive Arthur's 07 Camry to play tennis in the morning while he is still sleeping. He works on a night shift from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm. I always pay the maintenance and in case of replacement I can always wait till that time to come to buy a new vehicle for Amy and let Arthur drive her 18 Camry.

The garage owner suggest me fix the pump first for about $850 for now to have the vehicle moving and deal the leak later. I agree and drive the vehicle back to his shop to get it done. I am going to skip many new vehicles purchased unless it is necessary or I shall keep on alternate all my vehicles. Most of the vehicles on Cuban streets as well as Iranian streets are more than half a century old.

Peter comes back from Mexico and attends our tennis several mornings in a roll. He has a 77 Lexus quite impressive. He told me that was from a junk yard where he paid $2,500 and additional $3,500 to fix it. The outside body is still very adorable. He said that he went to search some used parts at a junk yard and got this vehicle instead. Luck him is what I says.

No comments: