Monday, January 31, 2022

The mindful and meaningful way of life/Carlos Pueblo

 The mindful and meaningful way of life/Carlos Pueblo

The famous Vietnamese Buddhist monk, Thick Nhat Hanh, passed away on January 22, 2022 and his teaching videos are on the You Tube immediately. I have attempted to review one of his teaching of living in a meaningful way of life. He says a lot of the mindful way of life that I doubt myself of my misunderstanding of what I have learned from him on his book, Jesus and Buddha as brothers. I thought that I was enlightened by him from that book.

I believe that he emphasizes the mindful instead of the meaningful way of life. Now I doubt that I have created the talk of the meaningful way of life. We define ourselves what is the meaningful way of life, such as making money, to marry a beautiful wife or wives, and have a good and healthy body, etc. We define our own goals as a meaningful way of live which we desire to live that is Buddhism. We grasp the opportunity to be a person in this wonderful world to live and to be prevail. 

It is up to us to live in a meaningful way of life and only ourselves can enjoy such life. On the contrary that we don't have meaningful ways of life, we shall be miserable and unhappy to live. I have run into many people who are engaging the religious missions after their retirement and some of them claim that they do make a fortune and like to do something more meaningful to the other. I categorize this as a meaningful way of life and is enlightening. Of course, there are many names to describe such insight in Buddhism that we don't have to learn them by all means.

Of course, I don't see many will agree to me for such idea. I don't really care yet this is what my understanding is and keep me very appreciated and happy to be alive. Each time when I have nothing to do, I always think of the meaningful way of life even taking a short yet unlimited nap during the day. It is a waste of time indeed yet that is very plenty which I always have had.

No comments: