Monday, September 21, 2020

The unexpected family expenditure/Carlos Pueblo

 

The unexpected family expenditure/Carlos Pueblo

Recently, I have encountered an unexpected family expenditure such as a busted pipe and a long time plumbing issue. I am lucky because that I have made some preparation to withdraw money from my 401k retirement fund to pay off two credit cards debt, otherwise I will be stretched. Later on, I summarize this kind of expense this such as sharing the back yard fence, cutting down a rodded tree, the co-payment of Arthur’s cataract procedure, etc. I am really not a rich person as I have thought myself.

Living in a single dwelling house is a dream comes true. I don’t have a mortgage and all what I am required is to pay the annual real estate tax for the house, to pay monthly due for the electricity, water, phones, internet fee, and food cost, etc. They are all under my calculation except the unexpected expenditure. I have some regular saving for the federal income tax payment and my Medicare plan B is deducted from my social security payment and I think that I am in good shape.

I feel the pain especially when the fall back of the stock market. My retirement portfolio is down a bit from the summer high. I am very fortunate that I don’t have luxury living and I manage my cost to the minimum. Due to the pandemic, I don’t go to the cruise this year and I feel alright. What the unexpected family expenditure is really covered by the saving of the cost of the cruise trip.

No comments: