Sunday, September 20, 2020

Daily exercises can help our old body/Carlos Pueblo

 

Daily exercises can help our old body/Carlos Pueblo

The other day, I went up to Austin to visit Michelle and skipped two days tennis. I made two adjustments to make up the exercises. After a week, the rest of our group tells me that it is too much for them to play in a week. I understand and also feel very good because that my daily exercises really help my old body; therefore, I recommend them to invest more of their time into exercises regularly.

After the Wuhan corona virus lock down, I have increased my morning walk distance and applied a key to the swimming pool and the tennis court of our subdivision in order to add the swimming and tennis to my daily exercises. I have accumulated 4-5 hours exercises daily.  I do take a long nap in between making sure that my old body can take such heavy task. Hands and feet are covered with tan.

I walk slowly for about 5 miles a day from 5:30 am to 8:30 am or a little bit later if I have pet dogs as walking company. It is not boring at all because that some dogs are already get up and remind me that they have noticed my passing by. If it is a tennis morning, I cut short of my walk and swimming distance in order to make it through continually. I therefore consider myself in better shape than my tennis partners.

There are three neighbors approaching me for joining us in tennis. I welcome them and advise them if they can inform me a day earlier, I can release one of our players a day for rest. My old captain and an old tennis body come to play with us after six months and they do have a good time. They are 80 and 75 years old.

I am very touched when my fellow morning walker approaching me for inviting an old neighbor to join our tennis play. She says that this gentleman has lost his old tennis bodies in the subdivision due to the departure. He likes to play tennis again. Of course, I welcome him and I shall leave my phone number in his mail box for him to call on me.

No comments: