Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Applying for help after the broken pipe/Carlos Pueblo

 

Applying for help after the broken pipe/Carlos Pueblo

The sudden discharge of water from the busted pipe made me uneasy for the monthly water bill. Finally, we receive the monthly bill which is covered those two day’s leak. It is about two hundred dollars more than the previous billing and I am informed that the city will reimburse me half of that amount. I am on my procedure to apply for such help.

I call the water work number on the billing statement. The office is closed. Again I try and it is an hour’s waiting to listen to a repeated telephone recording and the phone is cut off exactly at the end of an hour waiting. I am very stubborn and believe that there are many customers are ahead of me therefore I try again and fail to reach a live operator. It is such a frustrating. Amy hands me a form from the city website for the application. That is it and I don’t really need to ask for the information on the phone. I instantly fill the form and with all paper work attached to mail it to the city. Amy pays the bill via the internet payment. We hope to get a hundred dollars refund from the city within 90 days according to the form.

I have a feeling that the city is getting rid of the telephone service for the customer except for a general 311 and 911. 911 for the public safety while 311 is for the issue other than the public safety. I sense the change recently due to some needs for both. I understand that such change can save some money and still solve the issue efficiently. It is alright for me to spend so much time to know it because that I have plenty of time available to use.

As an insurance agent, I find out now that I have spent very much of my time to explain the policy. What is covered and what is not and the customer can’t remember that much. Now, the insurance company wants the agent to concentrate in selling and let the service do by the toll free number which makes more sense. It cut the expanse and lower the operation cost.

The city takes note of our request from 311 and passes it to the proper unit to make the service. That is it and there is no need to employ so many workers for such simple task. I believe that is an efficient city management.

No comments: