Wednesday, January 30, 2019

The Buddhism explained by Thich Nhat Hanh/Carlos Pueblo


The Buddhism explained by Thich Nhat Hanh/Carlos Pueblo

A recent article appeared on the Time Magazine about Thick Nhat
Hanh was shown to me by Amy because she heard my admiration
of him for years. I have proclaimed as my master in philosophy as
I myself as a disciple who have not taken lessons directly under him
during my life time. As a Buddhist, we believe that after his pass away
in his hometown, Hue, Vietnam, he will go directly to the Western
Extreme Happiest Heaven managed by Namo Amitabha and that is
his next life and good enough to avoid reincarnation of another
suffering of life.

What I have gotten the most of his philosophy is the meaningful life
we must have had during our limited life time. Some asks me that
how do I define a meaningful life to live. I believe that to live simple
routine, i.e. be a good child, study hard at schools, to work for living,
and help the others as much as we can. After I read his book, Buddha
and Jesus are brothers, I learn very much from his explanation of life.
He brings up the definition of the God by Baruch Spinoza, the totality
of the nature that God is everything and almighty.

He also brings up the philosophy of Immanuel Kant, both Kant and
Spinoza emphasize the enlightenment and Nhat Hanh makes it very
easy to understand. In Buddhism we also pay attention to the
enlightenment as a fruit of human life. He points it out the necessity
of learning as much as we can of the phenomenon in order to understand
the vertical relation between the human being and the god in the heaven.
It is abstract and can be apprehend or understand in some way by practice
in the real life as the phenomenon. Since then, I have practiced saving and
investment to reach the financial independent and help my own family in
every way possible as I can be and I have been very happy.

It is the phenomenon we have experienced in our life span. We can’t avoid
the suffering such as life, aged, illness, death, and so on. Once we understand
those as our human path, we must avoid stress and progress to a meaningful
way of life until the last moment.  

No comments: