Saturday, January 12, 2019

Returning to Spanish class/Carlos Pueblo


Returning to Spanish class/Carlos Pueblo

At the beginning of the year, there is a beginners’ Spanish offered at
the same community center where I take the second Japanese class
at. Our teacher is Sara Rodriguez Aguilar from Mexico originally. Many
students like me are very anxious to learn the language properly. I
consider myself as a beginner even though I have attempted to make
some progress all of those years. I have had two of this kind of class
at the same center and self-study thereafter and I can only pup up
two or three sentences and unable to continue. It is because that I
don’t have the opportunity to practice that most of the Spanish speakers
speak English in Houston and around the world which I travel around.

She makes up practice conversation one by one. The progress is very
rapidly because some of us are prepared before. My brother and his wife
also attend the class and sit at the same table with me. I explain the sentence
to them one by one. Spanish and English derive from Latin and there are indeed
some vocabulary are identical. Then, into the verb conjugation that we need to
have a textbook to make the drill.

I can ask question and understand the answer most of the time; however, I run
Into problem when the question comes back to me. I am not prepared and some
of the words I am not familiar with then I am lost. I can’t understand at all on the
dialog on the movies and I feel very sorry for myself. I hope that I can break the
bottleneck. I started learning Japanese and Spanish simultaneously and I come back
to the classes almost at the same time and I’ll see which one turns out ahead.

No comments: