Saturday, January 5, 2019

Saving investment is a habit/Carlos Pueblo


Saving investment is a habit/Carlos Pueblo

It is a new year and I remind my son Arthur to prepare his $5,500 IRA
money for 2019 contribution. He shows me a checking account of
$5,342 to be closed for the majority of that amount. Because of his
low income, in addition of his deferred income deduction, he will get
a $200 tax credit in his annual income tax return. Saving investment is
a good habit to follow. Usually, I shall go to the security firm at Town
& Country Center to turn in the money and I also guarantee his stock
Investment because that the amount is not that huge and I do have
enough to cover it in case of loss.

I have advocated for years for the saving investment via any retirement
plans. The U.S. government encourages citizen’s retirement savings by
some deferred tax benefit and I firmly believe it. Even though there is a
down turn of stock market yet his investment dividends exceeds half of
his annual income last year and is still increasing. Until the dividends
reach his annual income, he is almost in financial independent status and
I estimate in another 10 years.

I am not an economist by training yet I believe the financial discipline. I
believe that applies to an enterprise or a nation. Many examples of
bankruptcies of companies and nations all due to lack of financial
discipline. It is the most common reason of social or national issue in
the world, simple yet difficult to follow through. We went to check a
new dryer at a mall where Sears is located. Sears is gone. Trump wants
to have 5.6 billion to build a wall along Mexican border in the name of
national security or national emergency for instance. I am glad that
Democrats won’t allow him. No need to complain for poor and try to
make it first by saving ourselves.     

No comments: