Thursday, December 2, 2021

Take Arthur to have his final visit of the eye sugery/Carlos Pueblo

 Take Arthur to have his final visit of the eye surgery/Carlos Pueblo

In early June this year, my son Arthur has had an emergency retina detachment procedure successfully and we're scheduled to have a final visit of the surgeon after five months. I have been puzzled for that I haven't received any bill from the surgeon and like to ask his clinic. The front desk nurse checks the accounting office and tells me that Arthur's insurance company pays it all. I am very happy yet am very surprised. My guess is that he is referred by a net work surgeon to this non net work surgeon and the insurance company has considered as a net work job; therefore, waives the co-payment. I learn something every day. Because of the unknown cost, I have borrowed some money from several credit cards to pay the expanse and now I can re-pay the short term loan before the due day. I am glad that he has a job and his work carries the group health insurance and this insurance has put in good use my driving to take him for the surgery is nothing at all.

After the visit, he has another dental visit because his dental crown, a cover for his trouble tooth was broken. That is the reason why he is not eating well lately, my pan cake and Amy's fruits ball, etc. His dentist is very busy and unable to do anything until early next year. He can't do anything about it and his company is going to switch to another insurance carrier. I can't take it; therefore, I step in and make a phone call to my dentist for help. Coincidently my currently dental clinic was the original one which installed his crown five years ago. He switches the dentist due to the net work issue. I ask the front office to check whether they are under his insurance net work. The girl promises to call me back before the end of the day and I can't wait that long. I call myself to the insurance company to find a help. Two customer services ladies are impressed of my urgency and step in to help. My dental clinic is actually inside of Arthur's company coverage. We have a schedule appointment for next Monday. All doctors are busy nowadays.

I feel very good for that I still can help my son to solve his issues of all kinds. I consider that is a very meaningful way of life. I am busy with my senior life routine and also I can find a way to help my adult children. How lucky I am that I am some sort of a important person.


No comments: