Friday, December 17, 2021

My arm and knee issues after the tennis/Carlos Pueblo

 My arm and knee issues after the tennis/Carlos Pueblo

After every morning tennis, I have developed my right arm and left knee problems nowadays. Traditional thinking might be quitting such exercises and stop the wear and tear circumstances and let my over used body heal. I think of it and don't know how I can replace the morning tennis. It is such a good routine which helps me consume my daily 24 hours and 365 days a year.

A tennis companion gave me his old arm brace to tie up my right arm to decrease certain degree of shaking and vibration each time I chop a ball. It helps. I slice tennis balls when they are coming to me instead of a ground stroke or a top spin that I credit it to save my tennis elbow throughout these years. No, my problem is not the right elbow instead is the arm between the elbow and wrist. After the tied up brace, I feel better and am able to continue playing. It has been for more than a year with the arm issue. 

Recently, I develop a sour pain above my left knee. I see many partners wear knee braces and understand that will help to decrease the pain. It is not that urgent therefore, I have a thought that may go away after a night's rest. I was wrong. My double partner gives me his old knee brace because that is too small in size to him. I wear it and see the result instantly. After taking it off when I return home, I feel comfortable without the original rest overnight. I can see that is working. I should know it earlier.

Playing tennis regularly can help me sleeping well. Now, I have had an additional nap during the day and I go to bed before 8:30 pm. Occasionally, I can sleep through the night without a toilet break that is very unusual for a diabetes. I am loosing weight and am about 140 lbs. or 65 kg. I haven't so light for quite some time. I am thinking to enjoy some brandy during holidays.

No comments: