Friday, April 30, 2021

Don't watch television any more/Carlos Pueblo

 Don't watch television any more/Carlos Pueblo

Recently a television rating company solicits me to it's rating program with a small compensation monthly. I refuse to take the offer because that I don't watch television any more. At the most, I switch to watch some programs on You Tube which I feel that I have had more control of what I watch. After 1989, I have almost cut off my television watching time because it is too much commercial advertisement. I hate to be forced to watch something boring and I don't purchase anything from regular commercial advertisement. It is not worth for me to change my life style simply for such fee award.

I am getting less patient for some different political views from my belief, i.e. some television news program while I like to know some of my favorite. Now, I can select those news programs including special discussion on You Tube even though a few days behind. I have been behind all my life and may attempt to catch up. After Biden becomes the President, I can watch his White House News Brief almost every day to follow what he is doing for the Nation. I can also have an hour to listen to an excellent English of his spoke person.

I used to watch old movies on the television at late hour of a day. Now, I can get them from the You Tube collection; therefore, I can go to sleep early and wake up early in the morning for my morning walk and the tennis game. Doing my regular daily exercises is much more real for my health than watching professional ball games. I don't have any enthusiasm for NCAA or the Olympic Games, etc. any longer. I can be tolerated with my boring life.

I still don't quite understand why there are so much violent programs on the television. Some of the fiction is not realistic. The violent fiction, the mad people, and easy to have an assault weapon combined can make some tragedy in the society.

No comments: