Thursday, April 8, 2021

The Medicare dental plan/Carlos Pueblo

 The Medicare dental plan/Carlos Pueblo

It is a happy day for me to learn that my Medicare HMO has a new dental coverage up to $2,000 a year including my denture, or the fake teeth. It has been more than a year that I need to make a dental trip back to Taiwan for my denture work. The Wuhan Corona Virus stops me due to the three weeks quarantine requirement for that nation's policy. I can neither pay the high cost nor the extra expanse and time to make the trip. The issue is here and I have no better way to deal with it.

I was checking my new Aetna identification number for a referral visit of my eyes doctor, I found the card shown a dental coverage. I called the company according to the tall free number and I got the affirmative answer. I found a dentist on the network and agreed to evaluate my cost. If I can get it done here in Houston, I can make it until the end of my life.

As a matter of the fact, the dentist was Arthur's former dentist until his health plan changed. I was arranged to have two X-rays and a teeth cleaning before the dentist's taking a look. He was confident to fix it up. His wife, the clinic manager, told me after the approval the insurance would cover all of it. 

I did a research about the new dental plan on the Medicare. It was initiated by a large group of dentists to offer the discount for the Medicare patients on dental work. The dollars limit is very basic for one year, yet the coverage can solve much misery for the un-insureds. From now on, I can go to visit the dentist when I run into any problem such as a tooth pain or cleaning teeth regularly. I don't have to rely my mother's remedy to release my tooth ache by drinking boiling Moon bean soup to get rid of fire on my tooth, means cool it down on the herb medicine. 

No comments: