Tuesday, April 27, 2021

The tooth extractions/Carlos Pueblo

 The tooth extractions/Carlos Pueblo

In order to have my fake teeth installed, I must first to have the loose teeth extracted. There are five of them. This part is covered by the newly added Medicare Dental Coverage; however, the denture cost is not. I get it all figure out that I must do it here at home in Houston in order to avoid the interruption of my daily life. 

The dentist did the bottom three first which were 14,15,and 16 and then the upper 25 and 26. 25 tooth was just a small remaining while 26 gave me tremendous hard time. Now, I need to wait two weeks to get the wound heal well and return to him for the mold in order to let the laboratory work on both set of denture. Fake teeth set is a traditional method to help the loosing teeth in the mouth to eat. I know that is my own fault for not taking a good care of my teeth while I was at the young age. 

The fake teeth installation is an old technology for more than a century. Eight years ago, I went back to Taipei to have my first two sets installed by my cousin, Dr. Chen. He has learned such trade from his childhood from his father, my mother's elder brother. I was lucky to find him after so many years absent from Taiwan. It is a good story to tell about how my uncle learns how to make the fake teeth. While I was attending senior high school, I stayed at his house and witness how his technician made the metal work and the mold. My last two sets have been working very well until several more are fallen.

I have seen some philanthropic dentists in California to use the sport facility to install the fake tooth set for the poor people otherwise they can't afford to pay for the cost. I believe that some mayors and magistrates in Taiwan sponsor free fake teeth installation for their poor constituency. Because of my unfortunate experience, I do pay attention to such kinds of news. I am almost done the hard part and ready to have a new alternative.

No comments: