Sunday, April 4, 2021

Taking Arthur to the vaccination/Carlos Pueblo

 Taking Arthur to the vaccination/Carlos Pueblo

It's Arthur's turn to get the shot. Amy got him registered on the second available day of his age. I prepared to take him to the drug store. When I heard that he was offered to get a shot at his own store pharmacy and he didn't take it, I was furious because he was very inconsiderate. He should take it and cancel the original appointment. The offer was become available due to a cancellation. I took the opportunity to lecture him.

I am back to my former experience now. I check my old Harris county Key Map. I still can find the location by imagining all streets are connected now. His location is on Gessner street at Philippine where is near Amy's site at W. Little York at Fairbank North Houston. It was at a Saturday noon appointment and there were many people on the line. We had to wait until 15 minutes before the appointment time. He waited another 40 minutes on the line to get his shot and another 15 minutes to recuperate.

There was another busy tent station outside of the parking lot, a low cost vaccination for pets. I saw many cute dogs waiting nearby with their parents. It was like a paradise to me. I love dogs. Many of them were very diplomatic and friendly coming to say hi and allowed me to pet and sweet talk to them. I estimated that there were 5 shots all together. An assistant would hold the small one on the table and the vet would apply 5 shots quickly. Before the dog felt the pain, it's done. They waited around the parking vehicles to pay their fees. I ran into a cute bull dog, I was mistaken as a boxer. The big cut dog is a deaf as the owner explains to me. It is a birth defect; therefore, they must communicate with him in sign language. We started with some basic ASL, the American Sign Language, because when Arthur was born till age 6, there was a NG tube through his neck. I did go to school to learn some ASL in order to communicate with him. This dog's name is Russco, a very adorable.

One large dog was very mean and resistant. In addition to a collar, the assistant did place a mask to cover his mouse to be  sure safely. The vet managed to apply shots quickly on his legs and body by throwing the syringe on the ground and late pick them up for disposal. Only that one was the most noise among all big dogs. I saw many other big one like the German Shepherd and the Husky were alright to get their shots.

Now, we must wait another three weeks to get his second shot. Amy will get her second shot in a few days and I have done mine for two weeks by now. We're protected and we can feel more confident now for the disease. 

No comments: