Friday, April 23, 2021

My installing fake teeth in the U.S./Carlos Pueblo

 My installing fake teeth in the U.S./Carlos Pueblo

Recently I find a new dental insurance coverage on my Medicare HMO for up to a $2,000 coverage a year. I went to a pre-installation of fake teeth evaluation with a dentist clinic provided such coverage nearby. Yesterday, the estimate came back with an amount $3,381 for the entire work for the fake teeth or called denture for bout 8 teeth lost. The $2,000 coverage doesn't cover such installation yet does cover the abstraction and some other basic prevention procedures. I quickly agree to the dentist for the work and I shall keep my old denture for the spare usage.

Last time, I went back to Taiwan and let my cousin Dr. Chen install two sets total of 5 teeth on both up and down level. Since then I have lost two more teeth and one needed to be abstracted. I plan to go back to Taiwan to re-visit him for another dental work to meet my need. However, the Chinese Wuhan Corona Virus pandemic has kept me from going abroad. It is a requirement of three weeks quarantine when I land in the Island before I can visit the dentist and wait additional month for the make and installation. I calculate the total cost of room and board, airfare, and almost two months stay, etc. It is no longer cheap to install such device in Taiwan. 

I am in the middle of my promotion of every morning tennis games with my fellow senior citizen in the neighborhood. I can't afford to leave such a long period of time while the scheduling is very difficult to make up. My installing fake teeth in the U.S. will certainly resolve the issue, plus the cost does make very much sense.

According to the rumor, the charge for a tooth in plant is about $4,000 and a fake tooth installation is about $2,000. I need to multiple the amount by 8 to get the grand total. Therefore, the amount which I agree upon is considerably reasonable. This is what I call a generous policy which the Medicare HMO offers this year.

No comments: