Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Arthur's grand jury duty select/Carlos Pueblo

 Arthur's grand jury duty select/Carlos Pueblo

Arthur's grand jury duty select is getting more real now after receiving a letter from the sitting judge. He is on the second run for the final 12 jurors and 4 alternatives. If he is selected, he needs to sit at a grand jury room three hours a day, two days in a week for May, June, and July. I hope that his manager can schedule him off for those two days when he is on duty.

I am going to deliver him to the Astro Arena jury selection room again next Tuesday. If he is selected, he will be delivered to the downtown courthouse for the first day of jury duty. I hope that he can take a bus home to a station near our home and I can drive him home. It is a hassle. He is not good at driving to a long distance, as a matter of the fact, he is used to drive three miles one way to work and back after midnight. We hope that he can drive to a parking place and take a bus to downtown.

He regrets very much that he votes for the national election and the court has his record. I disagree to his thinking. If we like the judicial system, we must support the jury duty selection. It is a part of the citizen obligation. We must support such rule of law. I don't mind to drive him to the bus stop and pick him up at the stop in the afternoon. This way I shall not be interrupted with my morning tennis.

It is very interesting that I have been through many jury selection and never been selected until I I am seventy years old. One time I did joined a pre-trail hearing with pay of seventy dollar. That was also a try to get him on yet I answered the phone and volunteered to replace him and got accepted. It was a civil case about a land donation.

No comments: