Friday, November 20, 2020

The ribeye roast cut to steaks/Carlos Pueblo

 The ribeye roast cut to steaks/Carlos Pueblo

During my regular weekly visit to super markets, I find a pound of ribeye roast is a dollar cheaper than the ribeye steak, so I wonder what is the difference? I tried to ask the butcher yet he was just off the shift. I asked my neighbor Christina my question. She says the roast must be cooked for two hours with several spices in it while the steak can be grilled and done in much shorter time. She doesn't believe both are in the same quality for intake such as the tenderness. I can't tell the difference from the outside appearance. On the next morning, I asked again to Kathy, pet dog Forest's owner. She tells me that they are almost the same and I just need to ask the butcher to cut the roast chunk into steak side pieces. She says that her parents own restaurants and practice that way all the time.

I ask the butcher to make a free cut for my roast into five pieces of steak. I am not quite sure that I take any of the advantage of the price difference because that there is more fat and bone attached to the meat; however, I can't tell the  difference of the taste. I feel good for the discovery.

Recently, I find the steak price on he weekly sale is about the same as the pork or even cheaper. I also watch some direct broad casting on the You Tube from China about the retail port price. I feel that I am so lucky to live in the United States where the food is so abundant over all. I mention a famous sentence from the Mencius that after age 70, people can start to eat meat that is the ideal of the Confucianism in the ancient China. Confucius says that at age 70, you can do whatever you like under the law. I also watch a picture of a wedding feast at a rural village in China to kill a cattle for the feast. I see the frightened appearance of the ox and kill some of my desire to eat the steak. I google the famous sentences which are in my mind. They are all from the same dialog style of article between a King and Mencius. The theory and the philosophy are all materialized in the current days of the United States of America. I am going to continue eating my meat.

No comments: