Friday, November 6, 2020

Adding the steak in my weekly dinner menu/Carlos Pueblo

 

Adding the steak in my weekly dinner menu/Carlos Pueblo

Recently I add the steak in my dinner menu because that there are weekly sales on the supermarket. I guess that is due to the restaurant closure and the Wuhan Corona Virus pandemic. Amy is against that we, Arthur and I, are taking so much beef to increase the fat consumption. She doesn’t want us to have a high cholesterol; consequently, be suffered a stroke. Both Arthur and I love the taste of the steak and the price is right.

I read the flier delivered by the mail every Wednesday and go to the market to pick up a box with two or three pieces of steak. The receipt is shown how much I have saved. I would cook a piece with boiled potatoes along with it. We share equally for that piece as our dinner. I prefer steak to any kinds of pork. I watch Chinese direct broadcasting on the You Tube, my cost of steak is even less than the cost of pork in China. This is one of the luckiest matters to live in the United States. Of course, the free market and the democracy systems are among the advantage.

I go on to check the Chinese names of the strip steak, the rip eyes steak, and the T-bone steak and their location in the cattle. These are the common ones on sale. I also find the chuck roast available some time. I remember vividly that one time my dad prepared a beef stew for our family. I think that is a Japanese dish involving the potato, the carrot, the green bell pepper, and a root vegetable called go mou in Japanese. I shall prepare one based on my memory.

I am so lucky to live in the modern day to have plenty of meat to eat. According to the ancient Chinese literature, Manfucius used to advise a king about how to rule a nation. His goal is to make senior citizen aged 70 to have plenty of meat to eat. This is what I mean my luck so far in my life. Confucius also mentions something after 70 that he advocated man after 70 can do whatever he desires to do with the boundary of the law.

 

No comments: