Friday, November 13, 2020

Grocery shopping/Carlos Pueblo

 

Grocery shopping/Carlos Pueblo

Recently I do some grocery shopping because that I like to have the steak meal every week. I find the steak sale price is very attractive; therefore, I can’t let it go. Of course, Amy doesn’t like it and she thinks that eating steak is not good for my health and my son Arthur’s health. I am too old which is fine with her; however, Arthur is still very young and I shouldn’t make him at risk to have a stroke at the young age. Every Wednesday, I read the flyers on the mail I can find what is on sale from two large super markets. I’ll make a special trip to make such purchase. I don’t like to eat chicken and pork all the time. These are what I can get now for steaks, T-bone $4.50 a pound, strip $4.00 a pound, and rib eyes $5.00 a pound which are the same cost for the pork in China.

On my way to the super market, I stop by a drug store to check on chocolate for my inventory. It is a necessity of my exercises. I need to take two pieces when my blood sugar is low. How do I know it? When I can’t make a proper overhead of a volley over the net, I know that I must eat sweet right away. I found my favorite kind is on sale; therefore, I purchase two boxes.

I love watermelon very much. I always purchase some when it is on the July 4th or the Labor days weekend. The supermarket always put up sale price to celebrate the holidays. When I go shopping with Amy, I always select those items on sale. It is a habit built from my childhood. I was from a very humble family background and I have appreciated the value of my money. All the money which I save from necessary shopping, I put it on saving and make the money works for me forever.

It is a part of my strategy to save money. It is also a theory that I can make money from nothing. I have been enjoy to describe on my writing all the time. Gaining something from nothing.

 

No comments: