Wednesday, November 4, 2020

A false alarm 2/Carlos Pueblo

 

A false alarm 2/Carlos Pueblo

Driving an old car is an art which you must know the vehicle well in order to save the money. The other day, I was resting on a sofa and was alarmed by Amy for a flat tire of Arthur’s 07 Toyota. I barked at her for moving the car to the street by ignoring the red light on the panel board. Actually I should bark at Arthur for not being alert of the low air pressure. I am a good father and I pay all the maintenance except for the gas. I worry that the flat tire may cost me hundreds if the tire is ruined.

First, we call AAA for help to replace the spare tire. I told the serviceman where the tire lock key located. He quickly jacked up the flat tire put the spare tire on and we could drive the car to the Costco tire store. Arthur got lost again on following my car at I-10 federal road. I worried again if he was involved an accident. I-10 federal’s traffic is always very bad. Finally, he made it to the parking lot of the Lowe’s. We went home to wait for the replacement. After 4 hours or so, we went to pick up the car and it was free of charge due to warranty. I am released. I admit that I hate to spend unnecessary money.

He drove home safely from the Costco and told me that the key battery is low. I asked Amy for the spare one last time I bought. She said that was used on a new car key because the old car key was not working properly. Man, I must go to Walmart to buy a new battery or Arthur would have a hard time to get in to the car to work or to come back home at midnight. I might just drive to the Walmart to solve the issue. That Walmart doesn’t carry the battery and Amy reminds me where I get it. I was mad again and barked at her and waked up Arthur to buy the battery. After his returning with two sets of battery, he tells there is no need to go to the Walmart. Any of the supermarket carry such items.

No comments: