Sunday, August 25, 2019

Marching to London Camden Canal 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Marching to London Camden Canal 2019/Carlos Pueblo

There is a small section of the London canal network called the Little Venice for the canal traffic similar to the Italian famed city. This little Venice is where I end my description of the last piece right at the Camden Lock surrounded by an International Bazzar, a fashion store with antique Singer sawing machines, and plenty of canal barges shuttle business. I kept on marching toward the opposite direction of the Regent's Canal until I was tired or stopped by a tunnel some distance from the King's Cross exit.

Walking on the pedestrian path along with the canal is very enjoyable especially in London. On both sides of the canal, there are all new high rise building with at least three well design sitting area by the office buildings and new shopping malls, etc. The size or the width of the canal is larger than those I have visited outside of London and busier in traffic because that many people are visiting the city and many boats residents. One area with many barge homes, I see a large facility of boat garage to do all kinds of repairing service.

Near the King's Cross exit, I saw a boat book store presented on the Youtube and went inside to check on this unique book store. It is very convenient for a visitor like me to walk along the canal in London because that I can select anywhere to exit and get on to the city subway to anywhere to refresh myself. I watched two barges passing by a nice lock with a service station behind and a pretty rose garden elevated from the ground. Once they open the lock, the water level will be even and the barge can be pass. The captain needs to close the lock and return to the barge to power through the lock to a mooring basin and another one will take its turn. I am used to the maneuvering and it is still very interesting. The steering bar at the rear of the boat with a bird model. At the beginning, I was wondering how come the pigeon could stand so long on the bar. I need to find out why there is a bird sign in Kanji, Chinese character, on the steering word. There must be a relationship between them, Chinese character and the barge steering with the bird in it.

A group of youngsters were stocked in front of the tunnel for not be able to pass through. Another group of three on a motor boat try to figure out a way to help and I was watching. The row boat is owned by one of the youngster from his college graduation work, a very good looking one can be seated three person. I saw them at the Camden lock right out side of market and they rowed on the canal or carried the boat this far to the tunnel behind the King's X. The wife of the motor boat owner indicated that a little boat like that could not be passed the tunnel safely; therefore, they offered to help by tying the little one to the bigger one with 4 veneers attached to the little one to avoid bumping along the edge of the canal. In home owner policy in the insurance or the furniture business, we call something attached to another subject veneer like the brick veneer or rose wood veneer for a rose wood desk, etc. Now I know how to address such stuff usually seen hanging on a boat or even a huge cruise ship. It is a veneer.

No comments: