Thursday, August 15, 2019

Re-Visiting London, England 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Re-Visiting London, England 2019/Carlos Pueblo

After two days visit of Oxford, I went on to London, England for my next visit of English canals and rivers. London has been my favorite city to visit for years and I expect to see roses blooming, three Royal Parks, and the Regent's and Camden Canals. The train passes through the green fields of England with familiar scenery of ships roaming at the grass lands. I didn't see the power plants this time not like from Bristol to Oxford railroad track where the Mayor of Taipei, Taiwan liked to send his associates to visit for the power supplying model in Taiwan. I got off at the King's Cross Station of London. Kungga Zomkyi's Japanese restaurant is at the St.Pancras Station across the square. She is a pretty girl from Tibet. I got to know her two years ago when I passed by the station and on my way to London Gatwick Airport. She was appreciated of my visit and paid my bill. On the next day, I went back to the restaurant and stuff a 20 Pound bill at her hand and she returned it to me because she liked my special visit.

After releasing my luggage, I went on to visit the nearby Kensington Park and the Hyde Park. There are still so much to see even I have been to London for several times and mostly visiting these two parks. I took a quick tour of the Kensington Palace, the Albert Statue, and one side of the lake, and the Italian Garden, etc. The cherry blossom was out and the roses blooming was not at the season yet. The next morning, a gardener told me that the first bloom of roses should be within a week which was a disappointment news to me. I had missed the spring blossom ever since my first visit of London, I therefore made a change of my itinerary and skipped my five days visit of Reeds, England after the weekend visit of Cambridge. The only time when I saw the roses at Queen Mary's Rose Garden was in the late summer of 2017. It is a very attractive rose garden at the Reagent's Park.

London is the most visited city in the whole world and there are many reasons behind it. The city has been a representation of the world civilization for thousand of years. It has been the capital city of the old British Empire and the current center of the Commonwealth. City transportation network is super efficient. English is one of the most popular languages in the world and many people like to send their children to study in the United Kingdom. I am so impressed when I stand at the square between the King's X and St. Pancras Stations to see so many visitors are taking pictures of the beautiful architecture around.

No comments: