Tuesday, August 6, 2019

At the end of my 15 day Panama Transit Cruise 2019/Carlos Pueblo


At the end of my 15 day Panama Transit Cruise 2019/Carlos Pueblo

The ship left Cabo San Lucas, Mexico at night and sailed north on the north
Pacific coastal line toward Los Angeles, California, it was at the end of my 15
day Panama Transit Cruise in 2019. I have had so many good memories from
the trip, met so many beautiful adopted daughters, visited so many nice ports
, seen so many mango trees with green fruits hanging on branches, met so many
Interesting nice people, and taken lessons of Japanese Go and the bridge game.

 The ship Bliss is much newer than most of my previous experience with the cruise
liner and larger. I was very happy to see Aiza from the ship Jade and her roommate
Gerli whom both I invited to two nice restaurants for dinners. These are the perks
which are given to me as the reward of my latitude status. It is one of my favorite
activities during my cruise trip. I also get to know many new adopted daughters on
the ship that I treasure very much as they are such wonderful youngsters, polite and
hard working with excellent manners.

During days at sea, the cruise provided some classes to fill the day, such as bridge
Lessons, Japanese Go, and several language classes, etc. This is the first formal lessons
which I have had with the bridge game. The instructor is the fellow passenger, Patrick
Kallaus, the head of bridge club at Hawaii Island. He delivers notes to introduce how to
open the game and count cards. Ted Terpstra is the President of San Diego Go Club,
a very nice gentleman, offers his help to promote Go in California. I also attended the
language classes including Tagalog, Spanish, French, and African, etc. The staff on board
pitch in for the tutorship. I can open and respond several rounds of bridge opening and
roughly count the points all hands and some cards of my partner on hand. It is more
difficult for me to keep Go as my hobby at home. I can still practice some foreign language
in Houston by attending the local community center classes or speak to my neighbors.

I ran into a young lady staff with the cruise director’s office. She is from Mukden, Manchuria.
We have had several interesting conversation about Manchu Dynasty which her ancestors
belongs to. She gave me some good tip about Manchu race in history. I have had an adopted
mother also from Mukden also with a surname Pei like hers. She told me how that surname
comes from. It is also involved the Chinese slavery history. She is very surprised that I am so
fond of the classical novel, the Dream of the Red Chamber, about the royalty of Manchu
Dynasty. There were slavery system in the Chinese History, yet it seemed to be better off
than some of the rest of the world where I travelled.  


No comments: