Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Stay away from the summer heat way in Houston, Texas/Carlos Pueblo


stay away from the summer heat way in Houston, Texas/Carlos Pueblo

Justin of the cruise line agent reminded me to book my cruise tickets to avoid a regret of missing a back to back cruise to Quebec, Canada from New York City. I agree to him with an idea to my decision factors, to stay away from the summer heat way in Houston, Texas. Our summer in Houston has been very hot, above 100 degree of F or 38 degree of C plus lack of rain falls. I have had two weeks in Alaska in the early summer and like it very much to taste on the other side of the North Atlantic weather of 71 degree of F or about 22 degree of C, a spring climate in Texas.

Roger E., my tennis body, mentions to me that the booming of Houston population is due to the invention of air conditioning otherwise people can not imagine such a sleepy oil town would turn into the 4th largest city in the U.S. for such a short period of time. Especially after I am getting out of regular job, I hide myself inside the house all the time for the sorry rest of my old life.

Jackson, a tennis captain from my neighboring subdivision, and Lloyd, my old neighbor are all from the up state of New York. They both and many others came from the north after graduation from the engineering schools to Houston to work for the oil industry. Their parents gave them their old houses in the north; therefore, they went back to the north during the summer after their own retirement to avoid the summer heat and returned south during the winter to avoid the severe cold weather and snow up there.

i don't think that I can do this practice with second house idea. The real estate tax and the absentee owner are two reasons to be considered, plus both of children have no interests of moving around because that they are still working and young. I am glad that I find the interest of cruising around the world and I can follow the cruise liner of their business strategy to accomplish the weather, summer in the north and winter to the south, to avoid both severe temperature.

I read the itinerary of this back to back and I can see there are all very interesting ports of New England and the Canadian Provinces. Frugal person like me, I feel even better if I consider the cost of room and board, transportation, etc. It is very affordable in compare with the second house to own to reach such purpose to avoid the severe weather in Houston.

No comments: