Monday, July 15, 2019

Visiting Mazatlan, Mexico/Carlos Pueblo


Visiting Mazatlan, Mexico/Carlos Pueblo

Another two nights and one day sail from Acapulco, Mexico to Mazatlan,
Mexico on the Pacific Coast. We passed another famous resort city of
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, a city which was selected as one of my tennis
body as his retirement home. Another nice memory was that I did have
an opportunity to visit that city in 1981 as a guest of my late district manager
for a life sale promotion and fell to go due to a limit from Mexican Authority
of my Taiwan Passport and other reason. These three cities are very popular
in the U.S. and as a matter of fact that there are good size of American
Immigrant retirees communities. After the disembark, I marched to a residential
area near the port, the Old Mazatlan, and back to the other direct toward the
coast business area.

The city is very nice and lovely like our Houston Hispanic Area Heights and Montrose
and better than the Ship Channel Area. Single dwelling houses are located on a
very organized square subdivision. Some of the luxury dwelling with concrete wall
as a fence with broken bottle on the top to prevent vandalism that is very similar
to the old Taiwan scenery. The local provides English speaking guide on the street
corner to help to direct the tourists. I walked toward the old downtown quarter
passing through a Catholic Church and blooming mango trees along the way. Many
passengers selected the same interest to tour the old town to see a festival like
activity, artists show on the street and the music and dancers performing on the
Square, of course, there were many shopping stands outside the regular stores.

I marched towards opposite direction toward another part of the bay. I was released
when I found a portable toilet. some seafood restaurants were open for business
one with life band inside. There was a small restaurant with a staff to clean the oyster
for the menu and I watched the process. It was for raw eating oyster and I shied away
due to the cost. I saw a second one closed the port and walked away as well. I was
very impressed the street and subdivision kept very neat even with roaming chicken
sometimes disturbed by the community dogs.

I was asked by my daughters on board about my venture outside when I returned.
I thought that they were available to go outside for a visit yet there was a limit for
the staff that only one third of them were allowed. One third on duty and another
one third on call in case. Actually, it is more comfortable in the ship than outside
according to my routine.  

No comments: