Friday, July 12, 2019

The U.S. Presidential Election 2020/Carlos Pueblo


The U.S. Presidential Election 2020/Carlos Pueblo

Both parties have begun their campaign, the incumbent Trump for his
re-election fund raising while the Democrats on their primary competition.
I have voted for the Democrat all my life and I have seen enough of Trump;
therefore, I shall point out several issues which interested the Democrats
potential at the primary, National healthcare, Student loans debt forgiveness,
Equal pay for woman and the immigration, and the Reparation for slavery.

The cost of healthcare is one of the top list of issues in our life. Living in the
U.S. without health insurance is a threat. I have just come out of the un-insured
status when I have enrolled to the Medicare. Suddenly, my life has been changed.
Amy needs to wait two and half years to be eligible for Medicare while both of our
grown up children have their coverage through their employers. We make a decision
not to purchase the Obamacare due to the cost and to keep her grandfather major
medical instead to avoid tax penalty. Basically, she is a self-insured person. I don’t see
any way that the U.S. can afford any kinds of national healthcare system, yet I do see
one candidate attempts to lower the eligible age of the Medicare from 65 to 60 and
expand the Medicaid eligibility broader, the annual income test.

The college loans forgiveness is very popular for some progressive Democrats, at
least I have seen two dominant candidates. The number is estimated to top 1.7
trillions. I don’t know how the current U.S. Federal budget can afford it. Every one
is affected by the loans default, the banks, the C.D. and bond holders, and the
governments, etc. There are winners on this issue, the defaulted borrowers, the
college, and the banks. I don’t believe that is a valid issue and it is very hard to
believe that we can solve it. The defaulted needs to file bankruptcy and let all
involved go through normal process.

The Reparations for Slavery and the discrimination issue have been raised especially
during this Trump administration. On the Reparation part, I don’t know how and how
much? At least half of the voters won’t support it. I am interested in the slavery issue
of the old world like in Chinese classical novel. It has taken several generations to
abolish slavery in China yet there is still slave labor existed in China. I don’t think that
this U.S. generation is more determined than several generations before us. I check
the issue on google and the compensated emancipation pup up. It is different between
reparation and emancipation yet both issues come from slavery. I travel to the Caribbean
often and I always have a question to myself, the better off or the worse off? To solve
the difficulty of the world poverty is really on the education opportunity and the healthcare
for all.


 
  

No comments: