Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Visiting Acapulco, Mexico/Carlos Pueblo


Visiting Acapulco, Mexico/Carlos Pueblo

The ship left Guatemala for two night and a day to reach Acapulco, Mexico
for a regular stay. Acapulco, the full name is Acapulco de Juared, is a famous
resort city for the North American and I have heard the city ever since my
arrival of the U.S. Large city like Acapulco is similar to Texas cities such as
Houston and San Antonio, etc. We can communicate with the local in both
English and Spanish, enjoy eating local Mexican foods. What I had visited of
The portion of this city was very limited, a small fort in adjacent to the port,
some part of the old port town, and the coastal street to the pier.

Across a busy street from the pier, there is a nicely managed fort park now
a museum called Museo Historico de Acapulco de San Diego. It is on a small
hill with canons set up to watch the Acapulco Bay. The Museo is the main
attraction with plenty of green lawn and mango trees with full tree of mangos.
I like mango and very fond of the tree. I did find many ripe mango on the
street fruit stands available to be purchased. I ran into a couple from the State
of Pennsylvania who sit on shared tables several at the big restaurant. We ran
into each other at the park and separated and met again at the street corner
thereafter. She was a graduate student at Penn State under Professor Parris
Chang in the late 80’s and I read Chang’s column on Newsweek Magazine when
I was in Taiwan. We did have some chat about him.

I exit the business streets of the port area and reached to a busy highway which
I believed to the famous resort area such as beautiful beaches and the jumping
cliff. I turned around and followed the coastal avenue back to the ship. There were
more and more business activities around. I took more of the mango trees. A couple
of the Jehovah Witness ladies stopped and chatted with me for one and half hours.
There was a street dog lying on the ground to be our company for bible study. I
have met so many JW stands all over the world of my traveling. They are devoted
to the religion. Previously, some of them visited my house and I always invited them
inside and asked them, especially the youngsters if they worked.

My daughters on board always ask me where I have visited. I can’t go very far because
of my strength and the toilet issue. I have missed many commercial tourist area; however,
I have shaped up my idea of travel that I can only visit some part of the world which won’t
Bother me very much of the cost. I am very frugal.


No comments: