Thursday, July 4, 2019

Flying to Vancouver, Canada 2019/Carlos Pueblo


Flying to Vancouver, Canada 2019/Carlos Pueblo

While checking the e-mail from the cruise liner, I found an attractive
Alaska back to back route between Vancouver and Seward. This is how
I make the purchase. I add up the basic rate of each back, northbound
and southbound, and tax and gratitude added, then I check on the
airfare and any additional expanse, etc. If the average cost is about
$100 a day, I call my travel agent in Miami to book the cruise and
book a round trip ticket on line. Of course, I apply Cruise next vouchers
to utilize the $250 discount. It was the fly to Vancouver cost more than
I expected; therefore, it was a little bit over my $100 per day limit, yet
It was attractive.

I arrived at Vancouver Airport via a transfer plane at Calgary, Canada
early next morning for the embark. I have been to the exactly same
trip before and known that I can visit Queen Elizabeth Rose Garden
before going to the port. This was what I did, carrying my luggage out
of the King Edward Station and marched toward the Rose Garden. I
love to visit Rose Gardens around the world, i.e. Queen Mary’s at the
Regent’s Park, the Hyde Park Rose Garden, city Rose Garden in Buenos
Aires, the Rose Garden by the city hall of Malaga, Spain, and some
attracting front yard gardens such as the unique flood control sheds
garden by the River Main in Frankfurt, Germany, the subdivision of
the old East Berlin by the French Concession in Berlin, etc. I took many
photos for my own collection.

A local resident came to chat with me about the flowers. He pointed out
the combination of several kinds of flowers made this garden so attractive.
It was the first time that I noticed the poppy blooming. Gardeners wisely
mixed them on the beds and expected blooming simultaneously in spring.
There are many colors of the flowers, red, white, pink, yellow, purple,
orange and many which I wish I can describe more. The roses will be
blooming until late summer. He also recommends me visit here for
another of my favorite, cherry blossom in Vancouver that I have heard
about it and I shall try to make it.

Late in the afternoon, Jewel slowly sailed out of the port. Vancouver is
really a beautiful city. The city has expanded to the hill areas nearby which
we can view from the deck. We’re going into the inside pass of the Alaska
inner sea coast back to Alaska in a day and night. It was comfortable to
stay out with a jacket.

  



No comments: