Sunday, July 14, 2019

Passing through the Georgia Straight, Canada/Carlos Pueblo


Passing through the Georgia Straight, Canada/Carlos Pueblo

The Jewel daily schedule pointed out Seymour Narrows, British Columbia
on the second day for its scenery. There is a 5 kilometers Discovery Passage
in British Columbia called  Seymour Narrows known for strong tidal current,
about 15 knots and about 750 meters wide. The Alaska cruise route is sailing
between the Vancouver Island and the Pacific Ranch of the Continent and I call
it the inland sea, south from Seattle or Olympia and north to the Alaska border.
I was not aware of the significance until after 5 Alaska Cruises. This journey
reminds me very much of my riding experience of trains yet it is much more
comfortable with exceptional beauty of the scene.

I stand on many location of the ship, at the rear of the Garden Café and the
observation ground on the top 13th deck. I can sit on the atrium side or inside
the vacant big restaurant to view the passing through mountains on both sides.
It is better than Japanese Shinkansen and of course much better than any of my
previous transportation train experience. It was in early spring and there were
snow cap on some of the taller mountains in the area.

It was very nice to see some of my adopted daughters on board again in Jewel
while the cruise line transferred them from Dawn. I quickly asked my four dining
companions for the 2 weeks. Because of my platinum plus status, I can invite a
guest for my dinner free of charge under a certain amount. This time I invite
Jenny, Mary Ann, Gingle, and Stephanie who are all from the Dawn. In addition to
these four free dinners at paid restaurants, I also have two dine with officer dinners
at a restaurant with free of wine. This time, I have Alvina, the atrium guest service
manager and also my high ranking adopted daughter as our company. We also join
by our fellow platinum plus passengers on the table. Another two drinking parties
are for the repeated customers with silver and above.

There was a story of lost luggage on board to my old friends from Colorado. During
a transfer plane somewhere, their luggage were lost. The Jewel loaned them some
cloths and assigned Jenny to help them to recover the luggage. Michael received an
old mechanic uniform and Rebecca had some civilian cloths and of course, some of
the daily use items from the Trade Wind  Store. It was an error from the airline and
was nothing to do with the Jewel; however, the cruise did extend their service to
the customers on their best. Finally, the luggage were recovered at Juneau, the State
Capital on the 4th day.




No comments: