Saturday, October 28, 2017

Two consecutive visits to Austin/Carlos Pueblo

Two consecutive visits to Austin/Carlos Pueblo

There were two consecutive visits to Austin for me, one was a week before
last for a regular one, and one of the last with my son Arthur for his annual
week off. A regular one means that we go up to Austin to do our daughter’s
house chores such as lawn mowing, garden weeding, and the cleaning of
inside since she has been so busy on her job. Arthur finally agreed to visit
her house after almost 8 years in existence. We drove his almost 20 years
old Q45, ran into an orange signal of engine services soon light scare, took
the city bus to tour the State Capitol, Congress Avenue, and Austin City Town
Lake, finally discovered a method of personal IRA banking of an investment
of a rental property.

The old car is a 1997 model with several issues fixed and is still running well
enough for his job of 3 miles a day one way; however, to complete a 150
miles trip is a real challenge, a risk become a crisis. The owner of a garage
across the street of her house recommended me find a diagnosis from a
auto parts store and bring it back for his analysis. His mechanic told me that
was a misfired engine #2, so he would replace a spark plug and hopefully no
need to tough the coil. We then took a Metro bus to the State Capitol. Arthur
cannot be a citizen of the lone star state and not has been visiting the Capitol.
We began the public tool on the ground floor with two giant painting of Alamo
and San Jacinto, then visited the state Senate and House chambers and down
to the basement and reminded me of my last Capitol visit of 1993 before the
office expansion completed. While we walked down to Congress Avenue, a
call came in from the garage and the car was ready to be picked up. We decided
to come home to see the vehicle which was place on the driveway and the car
key was in the mail box.

We still decided to use the same day pass for the bus to tour Congress Avenue in
the next morning. We walked all the way toward the famous Austin Town Lake,
actually was a dam of Colorado River. I guided him for a walk of certain portion
of the Lake; however, I had to make several break due to my old age. Austin is
still expanding in construction and there are so many people come to the city for
a convention of all kinds. Michelle came back from her training in Dallas in time to
see Arthur before her annual vacation to Asia.

I received a call from my old client and friend for her house deal on that day. Later
I promised her to accompany her to the closing table to view all document. The buyer
of her house was an individual representative funded by an individual retirement
account investor which I was not aware of back to my time as an agent in this field.
I shall explain all what his mention later in another piece.



No comments: