Sunday, October 29, 2017

A unique sell of house/Carlos Pueblo

A unique sell of house/Carlos Pueblo

I had been called to be present at a unique sell of house, one at a singing
contract day, and the other at the closing. The seller, my insured asked me
for a favor. After a deal went sour with a friend, she selected to respond a
flyer of house buying professional and sealed the deal. She wanted to know
if the contract was genuine. The professional indicated that he would purchase
the house as the current condition with a steep discount, about 40% from the
peak; however, paying all the closing cost except prorated real estate tax and
homeowner association fee. I didn’t ask why she selected this way to sell her
house to avoid my opinion getting involved. The buyer has been in this business
for many years and indicated that some time is hard to get the funding from the
bank.

At a delayed closing, I noticed that the purchase was funded by a self- directed
IRA account via a specialized bank according such IRS code. I have been an
insurance agent and security broker dealer for years of selling individual IRA.
Mostly, I had had some traditional IRA set up with mutual funds, common stocks
, and occasionally annuity as the investment vehicles and forgot why I didn’t have
such experience of self-directed IRA in real estate investment. The buyer pro invites
to attend his seminar and learn more. I think that I am doing fine with my IRA in
mutual funds lately and ready for the 70 ½ mandatory minimum distribution soon.
The delay was really from the attorney’s draw of the definition of buyer, the seller’s
was quite simple clear title and sole ownership.

I have thought of it for two days the reasons why skip the trade during my time to
sell IRA this way. I think that as describe, the customer must be familiar with the
real estate business first, secondly I was not familiar with the IRS codes and the
general security companies exclude such products on the market. It is a security
product indeed yet not popular with the general public for one reason and the
safety of such person who is in charge of such investment is very vital. He told me
the profit margin was 7% to 12 % which was better than bank rate of return.

Five years ago, we sold our old house to a builder directly in just one day. The
builder tore down the old house and built a mansion out of it with three times
of our selling price and that was at the good time of Houston real estate. We felt
so sorry for our sale a little bit early and we should wait for one more year to get
some higher offer until Hurricane Harvey. That entire subdivision was flooded due
to a release of water from the upstream of Buffalo Bayou.



No comments: