Monday, October 16, 2017

Adopted daughters on board/Carlos Pueblo

Adopted daughters on board/Carlos Pueblo

Once we boarded on the ship, we walked up to Deck 7, the front desk area
to see the atrium bar and the piano. I saw a familiar face, Roy from Indonesia.
I asked him for several people in my memory of last trip in the spring of 2016,
from Houston to Barcelona, Spain. He was one of the polite youngsters greeted
my Malaysian brother Yong as Parche, great uncle, instead of his insisting Abang,
elder brother in Malay language. Yong was 55 at that time just retired from the
Metro of New York City. Roy still remembered that story and told me the other
two waitress, Andrea quit her job and returned to Romania; Angie left for another
ship where we did meet on my way from Chile to Argentina last March. The boss
lady of all bars, Lirio, still recognized me and our group when we watched her to
train the bartenders. I did adopted her as my eldest daughter on board this time.

I saw Aiza, my honey on Deck 8 O’Sheehan’s, as a hostess as last year’s Blue Lagoon.
I asked her about my two adopted daughters from last year, Christina, the assistant
manager and Mylene, the fellow hostess. She said that Christina just left ship a week
due to foot injury and returned to Manila. Mylene is still on board at Grand Pacific.
First night at dinner, we went to the restaurant and Aiza arranged us to sit at Mylene’s
station and also ran into to Peruvian Maria of her assistant. Maria was on Deck 12 under
Christina’s surprise last year with a few youngsters from Peru and one from Argentina.
This trip I adopted Maria and her fellow Peruvian beauty Karla, Mylene’s roommate, as
Daughters almost immediately.

It doesn’t stop there. Once I mentioned Christina’s name which I called my daughter,
they all were relaxed. I knew that Christina didn’t pay that much attention to such relationship
because I did mention to another hostess at another ship from Boston to Bermuda. This
Rachel at O’Sheehan’s waitress was a close friend of Christina’s mother. She verified my
status with her via Facebook and treated me nicely on the next day. She said that Christina’s
just a passenger’s statement. I showed Mylene and Karla some of my un-deleted photos of
Bermuda, they recognized Rachel and an assistant manager of the Jasmine, Melinda. The
Cruise Line ships them around all the other ships.

I must keep on name the rest of my adoption. Mara is a young girl of her first contract and
working as a custodian for Deck 6 and 7. Amy is very fond of her and asks me carry a box of
German chocolate for her on my next trip in late November. Michelle, like my real daughter’s
first name, was at Grand Pacific and supported Garden Café in charge of the coffee cart.
Divine was the hostess of LeCucina while Analia was the hostess of LeBistro. One night after
Le Cucina dinner, I even adopted two fellow passengers, Mary and Ann of Ireland, as our

Daughters.

No comments: