Thursday, October 1, 2015

Living at Village West subdivision(4)/Carlos Pueblo

Living at Village West subdivision(4)/Carlos Pueblo

From Del Monte Dr., I would make a right turn on Woodland Park again to
enter Inwood lane and subsequently following a curve to Briar Rose lane.
Usually, I would run into Mr. Wang, a friend was at the same senior high
School in Taipei, Taiwan. We have had so much discussion of politic and
some local Taiwanese community affairs. Between these two streets, I
have run into several neighbor friends because of walking and dogs.

Scout is a black dog residing almost at the end of Briar Rose, usually would
sit inside of the gate. When I pass by and whistle, he would come out from
the back yard to greet me, and then return. His owner, a young man with two
young kids, tells me that Scout knows me well and responses to my whistle
even inside the house. It is so touching that some time I must make a special
route arrangement to pass by his house in order to avoid his long waiting.

This occurs to Edda as well. Edda lives up to the street; however, her owners
Would bring her to walk often especially during the weekend. Edda is a girl
friend of Hendrix, the gentleman dog on Del Monte, yet Edda is more
affectionate to me. She can haul with a straight neck up, like a wolf, when
three neighbor dogs are barking to the passer by. My old dog Charlie could
do the same hauling when fire engine or police ambulance went off. Some
dogs can do it when it is a full moon, at least it is on the movie.

The three annoying dogs are across the street from Edda, one is Hecule,
second one is Chrystal, and the third one is Sherri. Oh, boy, they can
bark like a security alarm affecting several blocks away. The owner, a
county sheriff, tells me that all of them are very nice. Crystal lost her
one leg from an accident. I greet them every day by calling their names
individually.

Another little dog is Coco, a small dog next door, and she is my earlier
acquaintance when we moved to the neighborhood. Her owner is a
Chinese American who speaks excellent English. I must also mention
Caesar, a short legs puppy, whose owner is a physician in downtown
area. I got to know the owner and her mother while walking in the
morning. Before they moved away to downtown area, I got an opportunity
to walk him for one or two blocks. He did not really like exercises yet he liked
to play, and would stay at the backyard gate responding to my whistle.

I have a conclusion why I enjoy so much to have dog friends because that
I need the friendship, a simple friendship while the dog can provide such.


No comments: