Saturday, October 10, 2015

What Buddha says about Bodhisattva/Carlos Pueblo

What Buddha says about Bodhisattva/Carlos Pueblo

Buddhism has been mentioned a lot about what Buddha says about Bodhisattva,
and what is it? Current Buddha says and repeatedly in the diamond sutra for a
same token, in regard to a Bodhisattva, is no Bodhisattva; therefore, we call it
Bodhisattva. About 1365 years ago, there was a poor young Chinese listening to
a Buddhist  monk reciting diamond sutra on a small village street, suddenly, he
had an insight and decided to be a monk. Later, this monk became a famous
Zen Buddhist monk, the 6th and the last patriarch of Chinese Zen Buddhism. What  
did make him his sudden insight? He did not mention it later on his book or lecture.
I have had an insight as well after I learn the story. I believe that is related to what
Buddha says about Bodhisattva.

In Buddhism, Bodhisattva is a devotee, devotes his life to help the other, of course,
he must help himself first, not depending on the other’s. Once his devoted heart
becomes a habit, according a certain way to enter Nirvana then he becomes  a
Buddha. Now, you may ask me what the Nirvana is, it is not a herbal tea to drink,
It is a paradise. In Buddhism, everyone can be a Buddha, including a pet dog. Therefore,
Buddha says, in regard to a Bodhisattva, there is no Bodhisattva, that is to say Bodhisattva.
I would furthermore modify his preaching, in regard to money, there is no money, that
Is to say money; in regard to pretty, there is no pretty, that is to say pretty, etc. in the
Sutra, Buddha repeats so many examples which, I guess, make that young man insight.

If you are a charming girl, yet you don’t have a good health, you cannot really enjoy your
outlook, you may be like no pretty at all; if you are rich in money, yet you don’t like to
spend money or you don’t have the opportunity to spend the money, you actually like
a poor man. Buddha wishes you to be happy where you are and utilize what you have.
This is also matched what the Chinese Taoism preaches, back to the natural way.
With is the same as without, Yo is Wu and Wu is Yo.

I find this philosophy suits me well especially when I am getting in years. It would for me
to avoid unnecessary stress in my life. I can certainly desire yet must be within my limit.
I must well prepare myself to face aging process in my life and be honest with myself
that there is not much I can change or create from now own.






No comments: