Saturday, October 17, 2015

Pick persimmons 2015/ Carlos Pueblo

Pick persimmons 2015/ Carlos Pueblo

I went to pick persimmons this morning. I have been picking persimmons
every year since the 90’s which gives me very much pleasure. I am looking
like a kid working on the fruit trees on the yard back homes in Taiwan.
This year is with low harvest due to several reasons, raining in wrong seasons
, power company trims some branches which reach the power line, and a
year of low pollination.

I check on both trees, one with a heart shape fruit has nothing left and the other
one flat size fruit with some left on the garage roof. What I have done picking is
put the ladder on the garage and use a pool to hook the branch closed to me.
The average weight per fruit from this tree is about 10 ounces and I have picked
40 today in compare with previous years, this is a low harvest.

I plan to treat the fruit with apple in a closed ice box, no refrigeration , until
It becomes soft. I don’t have enough to make dry persimmon his year.

I went to visit three places on my way, an old classmate at junior high, an
old client’s gift whole sales shop, and a sunglasses importer. Old classmate
has sold his washeteria and retired; we discussed religion at the gift shop
and finally I found some glasses for far sight eyes in the future.


No comments: