Monday, October 12, 2015

While resting from left eye surgery/ Carlos Pueblo

While resting from left eye surgery/ Carlos Pueblo

While I am resting from my left eye cataract surgery, I have recited my
daily routine on my blog, morning walk to meet friends and pet dogs,
managing my pots tomato and cucumber, cooking my favorite soup
and consuming it, listening Japanese old movies and songs, and occasional
bank errand.

Fall comes to Houston early this year and the weather is quite comfortable
lately. I can put a jacket when I start the walk and may take off at the end
of walk. Other than greeting to friends and dogs, today, there are four of us
walking together and discussing Taiwanese politic which makes shorting of
the regular route. We don’t know anything about the local election in Houston
early next month and surprisingly I check on internet news from Taiwan almost
several times a in a day. We feel that Taiwanese voters will end Nationalist
Chinese rule in Taiwan on next election three months away.

While I am waiting for Amy’s preparation for the morning walk, I start making
The reversed osmosis pure water in order to gather some separated water to
water my plants. I can see the result after I place the horse manure on the
surface. The city water bill is also included how to save water by using some rinse
water for gardening.

I have been influenced by Confucius for his philosophy that a gentleman would
regret the lack of fame when he dies; therefore, I write diligently to express
myself on my blog and tumbler. Now, I have had about 2000 pieces on my collection.

 I found an old Japanese movie, the moon over a ruined castle kojo no tsuki, resolved
so much curiosity in my mind for decades. With a help from the movie, makes me look
into the Google search, a discussion with a fellow Taiwanese Japan expert, and finally
check into the castle name provided from the previous search. The ruined castle is Oka
Castle located in west of current Fukushima Prefecture. The poet is Tsuchii Bansui (1871-
1952) and the composer is Taki Rentaro (1879-1903.) Taki died of tuberculosis with about
4 songs left to the world, yet Tsuchii lived up to 75 with so many Japanese songs written
by him.

I called Mr. Lin at Sugarland for his information and lucky me he just returned from a trip
to the ruined Oka castle. He also briefs me some history of the battle which ruins and makes
the castle famous. The ruined castle has been rebuild for tourism and I make up my mind
to visit and I also remember the owner’s ancestor from the beginning of the third Tokugawa
Shogunate because I remembered that episode, the first owner was a brother to the 3rd
Shogun with a different mother. The war was one of the hardest battle in 1868.
  



No comments: