Tuesday, October 27, 2015

A letter to Cary/ Carlos Pueblo

A letter to Cary/ Carlos Pueblo

Thank you for your response so fast. After visiting to my eye doctor
this morning, I went ahead to schedule my hostel arrangement in
Melbourne. I found out that my schedule was wrong and was in 
conflict with my Tokyo trip, my actual time of returning would be on
01/19/2016 instead of 12/19/2015. This error will cost me $150 to
cancel and buy back my miles according to AA rules. I have been bothered
by this mistake for a day and after thoroughly thinking it over, I decide to
try Buenos Aires, Argentine for the buy back mileage with some left over
miles to apply for another one way ticket back from Europe in June, 2017.
I am getting better in this business of free mileage.

American banks, especially Citi and Chase, are very good in business.
They have contracts with two big airlines, UA and AA, for credit card
business, for example, now I use Chase card first for mileage. I can apply
my credit card points to UA and AA mileage accounts to buy free tickets.
Those mileage account were set up when I applied new credit cards, it
was a promotion. Come to think about it, UA and AA do not lose money
at all because they only release vacant seats, for instance, when I went
back to Taiwan one time from Hawaii, more than half of the airplane was
empty.

If I don't use the mileage in my account, I shall loose it or I can buy some
newspaper or magazine with the mileage. This is why I book them as early
as possible with a risk of my negligent. From now on, UA and AA know their
business to the orient will be busy and that is why I cannot get the economic
saver rate seat to Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, and even Sydney
, Melbourne etc.

I have some other mileage accounts and some bank cards points for domestic
flight or hotel stay which I am not quite familiar with. I shall look into it later.
I have both cataracts removed now and my eyes vision are 20/20 as the nurse
checks it except for reading, I don’t read very much now a day. I can see the
computer screen clear enough for not wearing the reading glasses. I am going
to buy a $7 pair of reading glasses very soon.








No comments: