Saturday, October 3, 2015

It has been a long way to regain vision/ Carlos Pueblo

It has been a long way to regain vision/ Carlos Pueblo

It has been several weeks for not seeing small dog Prisely and I wonder
If he is alright since he is getting old, deaf, and blind. I saw a couple far
away this morning and suspected that were him and his lady owner.
I kept on whistling till I reached them at the corner of a street. I proudly
presented my new pair of eyes, both with artificial lens and kindly asked
if I could see his cataract problem. She smiled and indicated that his
problems were not cataracts but some other type of eye disease. His
right eye has been blind first now with an artificial eye ball which I notice
and the left eye has been under a surgery without success and is also
blind. He is 14 years old. He can smell and show that he notices my present
by shaking his tail. American families are very kind to pets, keeping the rescue
dogs as their own children, of course, some are not by abandon them when time
is rough.

I read a postal on a wall of my surgeon saying that a traditional procedure is to
use a frozen equipment sake off the natural lens, cataract, and replace an artificial
lens. My problem at the first procedure is that the shake off is not complete and
leave cataract fragment  inside the eye. He, the first surgeon, sent me to the second
surgeon for the rescue. 4 days late, he went in again cleaning it up and also placed
a bubble in it for stabilizing the retina. I am waiting for the bubble to disappear. My
left eye vision is improving, may not completely get rid of near side yet I feel good
without prescribed glass. I think that my new pair of eyes is functioning better than
ever before. This is a good deeds. A Chinese old idiom says that a good deeds comes
from more grinding, means more tempering, when you desire a sharpen knife, you
must grind the knife more and more. It has been a long way to regain my vision.

I asked my surgeon if I could make a trip and come back to see him for examination.
He warned me that might cause blindness. I suspect that may be bad for the eye
pressure and might burst the small bubble inside my eye. I am waiting for the day of
complete heal of the surgery.

I have been driving twice to the nearby banks and am driving to visit my tennis friends
at the court. They are concerned with my recovery. I shall drive to Sugarland to gather
some horse manure for my tomato plants. I am going to pick persimmons in the autumn.






No comments: