Saturday, May 5, 2018

Returning trip from Japan/Carlos Pueblo


Returning trip from Japan/Carlos Pueblo

After Hakodate, Hokkaido, was returning trip from Japan. We used the last day
train pass from Hakodate station to Narita Airport station some 732 Km away, more
than 6 hours railroad travel. We even forfeited an entire day and night at the hotel
nearby the airport. It is a busy hotel with tourist buses coming in and going out in
a whole day. That extra day was very long to wait because that I was anxious to go
back to Houston.

There was a fee charge computer for use to check on e-mail and I skipped it out and
missed a notice from the airline to change my schedule on the 2nd leg, Calgary, Canada.
Instead of waiting additional 3 hours at Calgary, we were moved to another global
alliance airline immediately after arrival and passing the custom. We were lucky yet we
missed the opportunity to get our ride from our son, Arthur, because that he was
taking his nap without answering the phone. I show Amy how I manage to get to airports
on my regular trip by Houston Metro buses and this is why I am so appreciated of Japanese
public transportation systems.

After a month of writing my journal on my blog and Google search for reference, I feel like
to make another trip back to Japan, either by land or by sea via air. I like to visit Shizuoka and
Izu Peninsula after reviewing the movie, Izu no Odoriko, one more time; I like to visit Aomori
, Hirosaki Castle, and the Gono sen of the coastal line of the Sea of Japan; I like to visit all the
National Parks in Hokkaido, etc. I may have to plan a longer stay in Japan and all of these is up
to my healthy condition.

I was sitting at the last central row with a pair of grandmother and her granddaughter from
Osaka. They were visiting their relative at Calgary, daughter to the grandma and the aunt of
the youngster. Grandma is a year younger than me while her granddaughter is attending a
college near Osaka Castle Park. I feel sorry for myself of such luckiness. This young lady is
like most of the young Japanese generation, very pretty and with good manners. I gave them
three small plum wine bottle package right at the last minute when I found out that I couldn’t
pass the security point. She was surprised.




No comments: