Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Re-visiting Aomori/Carlos Pueblo


Re-visiting Aomori/Carlos Pueblo
I have been to Aomori once with very good impression. The city is located on the
north of Japanese Honshu Island famous of apple brand. I have attempted several
times to take a regular train to visit the coastal line of the Sea of Japan, Gonosen,
is also a famous hit song by Mizumori Kaori. Each time I try to get a reservation and
I fail because it is very hard to get one and takes more than a day to be back from
Aomori to Akita. We started our Shinkansen route from Nagano southeastward to
Omiya Station and northward to Aomori, I saw the difference of cherry blooming
on the way from gradually peaking near Tokyo to not yet after Sendai, Tohoku area
due to climate change and difference peak schedule.

Aomori is still lovely. We stayed at an hotel of the same company yet closer to the
station. The old police station, Koban where I reported my loosing glove during a
snowing storm, was removed. The new one is located across the street of the station.
I thought that I could ask that young English speaking lady officer about her visit of
Taiwan. I took Amy to see the huge bay front park where the cruise ships disembark.
I couldn’t get my reservation for a cruise from Yokohama to Seattle in May; therefore,
we took this 3 weeks land trip in Japan, yet we did visit most of the ports the ship
would visit in Japan, Shizuoka, Aomori, Hakodate, and Sapporo.

We plan to take Shinkansen across the Tsugaru Straight to Hokkaido on the next morning
instead of the abandoned method of ferry trip of Hakkoda Maru which is a museum now
on the Bay. Beside the ship, there is a monument of the hit song, Tsugaru Kaikyo
Fuyugeshiki, means the winter scenery of the Tsugaru Straight, by Ishikawa Sayuri, her
1st hit in 1972. When you stand in front of the monument, the her recorded singing would
be out in microphone with the poem engraving on an epitaph. I even visit her home town
at Kumamoto.

We walked along the well planned streets and visited an underground fish market and bought
some dry seaweed package as present to our friends at home. I bought a small box of tuna
sashimi for my dinner. I had had enough raw fish dinner every dinner in Japan and still loved
it.

On our way to Hakodate, Amy found a brochure of Hirosaki Castle at Hirosaki City, an old
seat of Edo era Han about 47,000 koku up to 100,000 koku stipend. Their heirs donated the
property to the city and became a park. It is famous for 1,000 plus cherry trees and the
foliage in the fall. Hirosaki is also a station along that about 90 miles train ride of Gonosen.
I shall visit it again very soon.




No comments: