Sunday, January 21, 2018

Miyaco San/Carlos Pueblo

Miyaco San/Carlos Pueblo

First day afternoon on board at deck 12 Garden Café, I saw a familiar face cleaning
the table. It’s Miyaco San of the Jade, a Filipino with a Japanese surname yet doesn’t
speak a word of Japanese. He immediately recognized me from the old spring days
of 2016 from the port of Houston across the Atlantic. The last farewell was at the
shuttle bus of Barcelona port to the Columbus Circle. I was worried that he wore
so little at a cold spring day. Ever since, I have been trying to track him down from
every cruise that I have been on board. My last one was on Jade, Michael of the
Jasmine Restaurant told me that he was with the Star in Europe. He told me that
Star was his previous contract.

I was at deck 8 24 hours restaurant with my brother-in-law and his friends to have
buffalo wings and fish chips. A young man from Oklahoma spoke Japanese to answer
my Spanish and I responded in Japanese accordingly and made a lot of fun. Suddenly,
the waiter from behind push another shy waiter forward. His last name was Miyaco
and I immediately greeted him Miyaco San and conbanwa. The other waiter explained
that this man couldn’t speak a word of Japanese even though he had had a Japanese
name. He explained that was his grandfather’s surname and I guessed based on his out
look that his grandfather should be in the Japanese Army went in to Philippine in 1942.
After the war, he stayed in Philippine and married a local girl who was Miyaco San’s
grandmother. He used to work at another cruise liner in Europe and just joined this
company for its European operation. He has a son aged 16 under his brother’s care
at home and will go to college next year. This work is all for his son.

I remember him very well, a very polite manners and hardworking youngster. I even
attempted to be a match maker for him, he is a widower. I carried my cameras all the
time on board and one day he was on duty at deck 12 pools area, I asked a fellow
passenger to take photo for both of us together and explained how hard I had tried to
locate him and the passenger appreciated.

My daughter on board Raquel asked me if I adopted him as my son, I replied that if
any of my daughter married him later, he could become my son-in-law. I have had such
a good time to be associated with so many hardworking and polite nature staff on board
and I feel so much kinship with the ship; therefore, I am going back this ship on Sunday

on the 28th

No comments: