Wednesday, January 24, 2018

English as the second official language in Taiwan/Carlos Pueblo

English as the second official language in Taiwan/Carlos Pueblo

I say bravo to the policy of putting English as the second official language
in Taiwan. I hope that we can have language classes both equally in the
morning and some other important classes spread to the rest of the day.
I understand that Taiwanese youngster has tremendous disadvantage to
compete with the rest of the world in the job market nowadays. I understand
very well if I have been better in English, I would have been more successful
on my job in insurance in the U.S., of course, some of them as my own of
personality.

We must find quality teachers for the classes and most importantly of
teaching applied English which means after finishing school the student
can utilize what he learns to communicate with the rest of the English
speaking world, their employers and colleagues. We don’t need to get into
classical such as bible reciting and Shakespeare.

I see most of the world nations pay dearly attention to English as an alternative
official language i.e. the British Commonwealth, Caribbean islands of non-British
affiliate, etc. Even the former dominant European power houses, France, Germany
and Netherland fly their school children to London to learn the King’s tone. I ran
into a field day English class at the Hiroshima Castle one lazy afternoon with the
school master and several foreign teachers. Taiwan cannot wait any longer. Don’t
worry about Chinese invasion of Taiwan if Taiwan choose English as the second
official language.   

  


No comments: