Friday, February 23, 2018

Filing 2017 Federal Income Tax Return/Carlos Pueblo

Filing 2017 Federal Income Tax Return/Carlos Pueblo

This time every year, I must file income tax for myself and my son Arthur and
I do finish my task for 2017 recently, even though I am a little bit late to get my
filing software and some firm’s statement is late to come. It’s very simple yet
I still like to address it as a matter of fact.

Arthur’s filing is much less stressful because we have decided to contribute 50%
of his earned income toward his company’s 401k plan; therefore, his 2017 pay
check 50% less. This is an effective tax planning as well as financial planning. I
explain to him the advantage of saving during his life time and estimate his asset
level in another 10 years.

2017 Stock market generated more dividends than previous years; therefore our
Income increased a little bit. It posted no threat by any way of our income tax
liability. We still are able to manage the increase of tax through a higher standard
of $19,450 per family of two, an increase of 100%. I write a check to IRS and expect
no surprise in 2018. The U.S. is a stable country no matter who is the president, if
there is no war expanse, everything is manageable.


No comments: